Frequently Asked Questions (and answers)
- How do I register for a course?
- Create a free account (top right hand of the page)
- Find the course in the Training Catalog
- Click on the Register button
- Courses that are free of charge become immediately available. Other courses accept payment by PayPal.
- Can I earn CEUs for the courses?
- Many courses can be counted toward continuing education units (CEUs). Present your Certificate of Completion to IAEI and ICC for continuing ed credits for the code official training courses. The webinar recordings do not currently count toward CEUs and do not earn a Certificate of Completion.
- How do I define my interests to ensure the most accurate recommendations are displayed under the “Recommended for You" section?
- To define your interest areas, go to "Profile" page
- What if I forgot my password? How do I reset my password?
- Happens to all of us! To reset your password, please click here.
- How can I resolve an invalid captcha error during registration?
- It seems our system will present this roadblock from time to time, and the good thing is there are a few simple fixes. First, try and clear your browser cookies and cache. If that does not work, you can always try another browser. A third option is to send us an email at [email protected] and we can help enroll you on the back end.
- Who do I contact for Customer Support?
- If you need assistance with registration, accessing a course or event you have purchased, or other customer service-related issues, email us: [email protected].
Live Web Events
- How do I access live webinar events?
- Once you complete your registration, please go to “ Dashboard" section, select the event, and click on “Enter Meeting" icon on the right of the webpage to view the presentation.
- How do I access webinar recordings?
- Once you complete your registration, please go to “ Dashboard" section, select the event, and click on “View Web Content On-Demand" icon on the right of the webpage to view the presentation.
- How do I access the presentation or course resource material?
- Presentation materials that are available for download can be found in the Handout tab of each course or webinar.
- What are the system requirements for accessing a webinar?
- To view Event Center events, you will need to login from a computer or laptop. Prior to a live event, you should test your web browser to ensure you have the most up-to-date version of Flash. Click on the "Browser Test." If you pass the test, you will see a "Congratulations" message. If you do not, you will be given instructions on where you can download the newest version of Flash. This is a FREE download. It is recommended that you use a high speed/broadband internet connect (WiFi is not recommended), a PC with Windows, and Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher. If you are using a Mac, please use the Safari web browser.
- Can I watch the live events on an iPad or iPhone?
- Event Center events require Flash software. Flash is not supported on iPads or iPhones, however, you may download the MobileMe or Puffin app from the iTunes store which will allow you to view Flash products on Apple devices. You may need the Meeting ID # which can be found on the product page, under the "Content" tab (click on "Webinar" and look in the gray box).