National Tools for Shared Renewables Program Design Webinar
- User - Free!
- Student - Free!
IREC and VoteSolar recently released a new checklist to help regulators and interested stakeholders evaluate and improve voluntary community solar across the country. The resource describes seven key principles and topics:
● Expand customer access to clean energy
● Offer tangible economic benefits for all participating customers
● Identify ways to promote project development cost savings
● Prioritize the customer experience
● Promote competition
● Optimize community solar to benefit the grid and community
● Complement existing programs
The focus on utility-led community solar programs in this new tool is not intended to imply or recommend that voluntary offerings should be the only programs made available. It also does not take a position on utility-ownership. This checklist highlights key considerations to support replicable successes across diverse markets.
You may also be interested in exploring these related IREC resources which are discussed in the webinar: